Nanomaterials uses applications of potential interest to ESOH
- nanodiamonds tox data - possible substitute for hexchrome and other metal fini [408 KB]
Independent studies that indicate that the purity and inertness of nanodiamond reduces the risk that is posses a biohazard. Due to widespread concern about the growing use and presence of nanomaterials in the workplace, I am sure there will be many more studies. However, in comparison to other nanomaterials, including carbon-based materials, nanodiamond looks very favorable.
- Presentation on DoDs new NanoLog Website [5.17 MB]
Presented by Lars Erikson of ManTech, contractor to DoD logistics program, at the July 30 EC Nano ESOH WG mtg.
- AEPI Nanotech [552 KB]
A overview of the potential for nanotechnologies from an Army perspective.
- EPA Nano 2007 Feb [2.05 MB]
The EPAs final document which was published in the Federal Register 15 Feb 07, provides a series of recommendations for research on risks and potential exposure pathways for nanomaterials; development of methods for detecting nanomaterials; and recommendations for promoting green manufacturing and energy. Many of the recommendations were included in a draft released in late 2005, but the increased focus on green applications of nanomaterials is new.
- DoD nanomaterials - logistics transformation [795 KB]
Mantech Study on implications of nanomaterials for transforming logistics.
- DoD Nanomaterials usage - Army Erosion Protection [178 KB]
- DOD Nanomaterials Uses - Medical [195 KB]
ManTech studied uses/applications of nanotechnology relevant to DoD