Policy and Guidance
- Sikes Tripartite MOU [190 KB]
Memorandum of understanding between the U.S. Department of Defense and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and the Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies for a cooperative integrated natural resource management program on military installations
Acting DUSD(I&E), Mr. John Conger, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Director Dan Ashe, and Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies Executive Director Ron Regan have signed the 2013 Sikes Act MOU for a Cooperative Integrated Natural Resource Management Program on Military Installations. This MOU renews the commitment of DoD, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, and the states to work together to manage the natural resources entrusted to DoD across the country. Among other provisions, the MOU creates a streamlined review process for updating DoD's integrated natural resources management plans (INRMPs) with minor changes. This will facilitate coordination among the three parties to the MOU and make the critical habitat exemption more readily available to military installations.
- DoD Natural Resources Program Training Workshops: Sikes Act, Sikes Act Implementation, Endangered Species Act Implementation - Standard Operating Procedure/After Action Report
This document establishes a uniform process for the preparation, review, and implementation of U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) Natural Resources Conservation Compliance (NR) Program training courses. This Standard Operating Procedure/After Action Report covers the Sikes Act 101, Sikes Act Implementation, and Endangered Species Act (ESA) Implementation training courses.
- Implementation of Sikes Act Improvement Amendments: Supplemental Guidance Concerning Leased Lands [69 KB]
(17 May 2005)
- Supplemental Guidance for Implementation of the Sikes Improvement Act - September 5, 2005 [24 KB]
Additional Guidance Concerning INRMP Preparation September 5, 2005
- Supplemental Guidance for Implementation of the Sikes Improvement Act - August 19, 2004 [30 KB]
Additional Guidance Concerning INRMP Preparation August 19, 2004