MOUs and MOAs
- Sikes Tripartite MOU [190 KB]
Memorandum of understanding between the U.S. Department of Defense and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and the Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies for a cooperative integrated natural resource management program on military installations
Acting DUSD(I&E), Mr. John Conger, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Director Dan Ashe, and Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies Executive Director Ron Regan have signed the 2013 Sikes Act MOU for a Cooperative Integrated Natural Resource Management Program on Military Installations. This MOU renews the commitment of DoD, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, and the states to work together to manage the natural resources entrusted to DoD across the country. Among other provisions, the MOU creates a streamlined review process for updating DoD's integrated natural resources management plans (INRMPs) with minor changes. This will facilitate coordination among the three parties to the MOU and make the critical habitat exemption more readily available to military installations.
- Partners in Amphibian and Reptile Conservation (PARC) Federal Agencies Steering Committee MOU [556 KB]
The purpose of this MOU is to provide a framework for cooperation and coordination among the Agencies in achieving the objectives of the PARC Federal Steering Committee.
- Memorandum: Guidance to Implement the MOU to Promote Conservation of Migratory Birds, (April 3, 2007)
(April 3, 2007) This memorandum from the Office of the Undersecretary of Defense (Acquisition, Technology and Logistics) provides a call for all DoD personnel to work cooperatively with the FWS to implement the actions described in the Conservation of Migratory Birds MOU. The attachment to the memorandum provides useful tools in implementing migratory bird conservation by the DoD.
- Memorandum of Understanding Regarding the Partners in Amphibian and Reptile Conservation Federal Agencies Steering Committee [964 KB]
- Memorandum of Understanding, Continuation of the Cooperative Ecosystem Studies Units Network [1.92 MB]
- Memorandum of Understanding Between the DoD and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service to Promote the Conservation of Migratory Birds [569 KB]
- Memorandum of Understanding Between the U.S. Department of Defense and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and the Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies for a Cooperative Integrated Natural Resource Management Program on Military Installations
- Memorandum of Understanding between the DoD and that State of California to Conserve Habitat Values and Protect Military Missions in California [108 KB]
- Memorandum of Understanding between the U.S. Department of Agriculture, Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) and the DoD [210 KB]
- Department of Defense Ecosystem Management Policy Evaluation - Final Report, August 2002 (00-125) [945 KB]
The goal of this study is to provide insights into the level of ecosystem management implemented across the military Services. The objectives include performing a gap analysis of the individual military Services' conservation policy, regulations, and guidance to determine if they carry through the requirements set out by DoDI 4715.3; developing a protocol to evaluate ecosystem management implementation; and applying the protocol through case study.