Legislation and Policy
- DoD Natural Resources Program Training Workshops: Sikes Act, Sikes Act Implementation, Endangered Species Act Implementation - Standard Operating Procedure/After Action Report [851 KB]
This document establishes a uniform process for the preparation, review, and implementation of U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) Natural Resources Conservation Compliance (NR) Program training courses. This Standard Operating Procedure/After Action Report covers the Sikes Act 101, Sikes Act Implementation, and Endangered Species Act (ESA) Implementation training courses.
- The North Carolina Sandhills Weed Management Area Training Workshop: June 2006 [4.98 MB]
Materials consist of a presentation summarizing the invasive species problems faced by the North Carolina Sandhills region which includes Fort Bragg, defines a weed management area and outlines the plan of action to begin to solve the weed problem.
- Supplemental Training Resources Webguide [10 KB]
This one page document provides a quick reference to natural and cultural resources training information websites and online training courses.
- Bald Eagle Management Guidelines [200 KB]
This memorandum from the Office of the Assistant Deputy Under Secretary of Defense (Environment, Safety, and Occupational Health) provides guidance for all installation managers on Management Actions to Protect Bald Eagles after Delisting and provides additional information in the attached Bald Eagle Recovery Questions and Answers, publication from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.
- INTEGRATING OFF-SITE MITIGATION BANKING AND TRADING INTO LAND-USE PLANNING: A MANUAL FOR DOD INSTALLATIONS [2.37 MB]
(Legacy 07-350) Species conservation banking and water quality trading programs offer the potential to allow flexible approaches to compliance with regulatory programs in the areas of habitat and water quality protection.