The National Defense Center for Energy and Environment (NDCEE) announces the FY 2023 technology projects for demonstration/validation (Dem/Val). The NDCEE is a Department of Defense (DoD) program that addresses DoD’s high-priority environmental, safety, occupational health, energy (ESOHE), and climate challenge technological challenges.
The following projects were selected to begin in FY 2023.
- Advanced Refrigerated Container System (ARCS)
- Demonstration and Validation of Robotic Pulsed Water Jet De-Painting of Aircraft Confined Spaces
- Deployable Potable Water Production from Contaminated Surface and Ground Waters
- Direct Current (DC) Ground Microgrid Architecture
- Evaluating Anti-Vibration Seat Pads to Improve Health and Safety of DoD Operators
- Large Capacity Hybrid Power Systems
- On-Site Disposal of Aqueous Film-Forming Foam (AFFF) using Hydrothermal Destruction + PFAS Effluent Treatment System (PETS)
- Super Critical Water Oxidation (SCWO) of PFAS on Spent Sorbents and Ion Exchange Resins
The call for NDCEE Project Proposals is March 1 every year. For additional information on the NDCEE or on how to submit a nomination package, please click here.
DoD Lead Agent
Office of the Assistant
Secretary of the Army for Installations, Energy and Environment
Program Management Office
U.S. Army Environmental Command