New Project Selections
The National Defense Center for Energy and Environment (NDCEE) announces the FY 2023 technology projects for demonstration/validation (Dem/Val). The NDCEE is a Department of Defense (DoD) program that addresses DoD’s high-priority environmental, safety, occupational health, energy (ESOHE), and climate challenge technological challenges. Innovative technologies are demonstrated and validated at active DoD installations for military application. Proven technologies are transitioned to the DoD Services, other federal agencies and to the public. Implementing technologies to enable the Army to fight and win our nation’s wars.
The Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Army (Environment, Safety, and Occupational Health) is designated by the Assistant Secretary of the Army (Installations, Energy & Environment) as the NDCEE DoD Lead Agent. The US Army Environmental Command provides NDCEE Program Management. Transitioned projects will ensure the NDCEE program remains an enabler in accomplishing the DoD mission with an emphasis in “Achieving Dominant Capabilities through innovation and technical excellence.”
The following projects were selected to begin in FY 2023.
- Advanced Refrigerated Container System (ARCS)
- Demonstration and Validation of Robotic Pulsed Water Jet De-Painting of Aircraft Confined Spaces
- Deployable Potable Water Production from Contaminated Surface and Ground Waters
- Direct Current (DC) Ground Microgrid Architecture
- Evaluating Anti-Vibration Seat Pads to Improve Health and Safety of DoD Operators
- Large Capacity Hybrid Power Systems
- On-Site Disposal of Aqueous Film-Forming Foam (AFFF) using Hydrothermal Destruction + PFAS Effluent Treatment System (PETS)
- Super Critical Water Oxidation (SCWO) of PFAS on Spent Sorbents and Ion Exchange Resins
The call for NDCEE Project Proposals is March 1 every year. For additional information on the NDCEE or on how to submit a nomination package, please click here.